Advanced Search

Main Menu

or browse by theme


Contact Us


Please use the links below to find the latest information on our most popular services:


Housing Benefit

Jobs & Careers

Council Information

Council Tax



Waste & Recycling

Leisure & Culture

Environmental Health



Streets, Roads & Transport

Opening Times

The contact centre is open Monday to Friday from 8.30am-5pm.

Other town hall services have different opening hours:


Opening Hours


Monday - Friday 9.30am to 3.30pm

Housing Help Point

Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm

Housing Advice and Prevention Drop in

Monday - Friday 10am - 3pm

Benefit Assessors in Contact Centre

Monday - Friday 8.30am – 5pm

To find the Town Hall, click on this map of Crawley

The Registrars are now based at the library.

You can contact us by phone, post, email, fax, form or visit the Town Hall. See the ‘Contact Us’ box on the right for details. Click on the link to view a Disabled Access guide to the Town Hall, from DisabledGo.


We want to know what you think of our services. You can give us your feedback or make an enquiry using the form below, or contact us using the details on the right:

We are always keen to improve our website and we would like to get your feedback. Whether you really like it, have problems using it or ideas for things we could change or improve we would like to hear from you.

Comments, Compliments and Complaints

Our commitment to you:
As a Council, we are committed to delivering a high quality service. We aim to achieve the highest possible standards. However, despite our best intentions and hard work, things can go wrong. When this happens, we want to hear about it so that we can explain things and put them right.

We try to deal with all complaints in confidence but there may be times when this may not be possible. In these circumstances, we will discuss this with you. We know that making a complaint can take up your time and can be a daunting experience that is why we treat every complaint seriously and think of them as an opportunity to improve our services.

How do I complain?

If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received you should in the first instance contact the relevant department who may be able to resolve the problem quickly without having to use the formal complaints procedure.

Complaints Procedure

If you are still not happy with the service provided or the explanation you have been given then please fill in the Feedback Form . Your complaint will be acknowledged within 2 working days and you will normally receive a full response within 10 working days.


If you are not happy with the reply at Stage 1 you can write to the Head of People & Technology to have your complaint reviewed. Your request for will be acknowledged and a full response will normally be sent within 10 working days. If this is not possible you will be notified of the reasons why and when you can expect a full response usually within 20 working days.

If you remain dissatisfied with our response at Stage 2, you have the right to submit your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman or the Housing Ombudsman Service in the case of managed housing service. This is an independent person employed by the Government to monitor the actions of local authorities.

The contact details are:

Comments and Compliments

Your comments on how we can improve our services are welcomed. Your compliments let us know when we are getting things right and allow us to reward employees for outstanding customer service. If you have a comment or compliment for us, please use the feedback form above.

Summary of complaints regarding the council 2010/11

Below you will find details from the Local Government Ombudsman for the year ended 31 March 2011 relating to complaints they received about the council.

(01293) 438000 (01293) 511803 click to email us
Town Hall
The Boulevard
West Sussex
RH10 1UZ
Open Mon to Fri 8:30am-5pm

Contact Us

(01293) 438000

fax: (01293) 511803

email: click to email us

Town Hall
The Boulevard
West Sussex
RH10 1UZ
Open Mon to Fri 8:30am-5pm

GovDelivery icon