Based at The Hawth, the Arts Development Team work to stimulate and encourage engagement in the arts. We provide a programme of events, performances, workshops and participation opportunities. There is a busy weekly workshop programme and year round community and professional performances and project based work across the town.
- Offer the opportunity to experience arts of the highest possible quality.
- Offer workshop and performance opportunities which encourage healthy living, personal expression and lifelong learning.
- Produce events which encourage and showcase local talent in drama, dance and music.
- Support local groups to engage with the wider community.
- Provide a range of performance and participation opportunities to celebrate cultural diversity and social inclusion.
The Programme includes:
- Providing weekly art, music, dance and drama workshop opportunities (400 per year)
- Managing Going Global a culturally diverse theatre, music and art programme
- Black History Month – working with the Crawley Black History Foundation to celebrate this annual national event.
- Made-In-Crawley, ensuring a strong cultural life for the town by supporting Crawley’s festivals throughout the year and providing opportunities for local artists.
- Running Pitchy Breath Theatre Company, a community based company developing and performing new work by local writers.
- Co-ordinating Vision in Youth Collective (ViYC), a committee of young people aged 14 to 25 who create and promote events for young people by young people.
- Footloose Dance Group, a group for young people with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Coordinating Parkour
workshops and training sessions.
- Blue Bird Club – a club night for young people with learning disabilities
- Road to Crawley – a social history project which celebrates the rich diversity and heritage of our town. There are a number of DVDs, exhibitions on Power Point and books available through Crawley Museum and Crawley Library produced by this project, they are also available to schools.
Stay Connected: sign up for alerts
Our alerts service
will keep you informed about news and information on arts in Crawley. Just provide your email address to start receiving updates.
For more details on the work of the Arts Development Team please email
or phone 01293 438152.