Families cooking together in the kitchen, passing recipes from one generation to the next is a lost art in many households. It can even be hard for busy parents to take time out to teach their kids basic cooking techniques.
However many experts think it is well worth the extra effort to include your kids in preparing meals:
- It encourages kids to try healthy foods - kids who learn to eat well may eat more healthily as adults.
- Learning to cook is a skill your children can use for the rest of their lives
- Positive cooking experiences can help build self-confidence
- Kids feel they are accomplishing something and contributing to the family
- Kids are more likely to sit down to a family meal when they helped prepare it
- Parents get to spend quality time with their kids
- Kids aren't spending time in front of the TV or computer while they're cooking
- Kids generally aren’t eating junk food when they’re cooking a meal at home
Cooking with Bente and Bells
Fancy creating simple, healthy and fun food with your kids?
Join Bente & Bells for some step by step recipes, along with videos so you can see just how easy they are to make.
Please read the safety tips below - remember - be safe, have fun!
Important Safety Tips:
- Never leave children unsupervised in the kitchen
- Never let children handle sharp knives without supervision
- Always hold a knife with the blade facing downwards
- Adult supervision is recommended at all times when using a blender
- Keep children away from the hot surfaces when using the cooker
- Never leave cooking unattended