Green spaces, chattering wildlife and local history are bought together in two self-guided walks produced by Crawley Wellbeing. A 30 minute walk loops around the Ifield Mill Pond via the boardwalk or a longer 60 minute walk takes you back in time past the Ifield Water Mill.
For adults: an information leaflet for adults is available to download so that you can make the most of your time investigating the area.
For children: a fun worksheet , packed with lots of great activities to complete on your adventure.
Completed your adventure around the Millpond?
Congratulations! Now you can download your Certificate of Achievement to show family and friends what a great adventurer you are!
If you enjoyed these walks and using the leaflets, please do get in touch to let us know what made them special for you. Any suggestions or comments about the walks or the publications can be emailed to .
We’ve teamed up with the Gatwick Greenspaces Partnership (see ‘External Links’) to bring you circular walks in Crawley, called the ‘Greenways’. They all have different levels of difficulty, taking in all parts of the town.
Click on the links below to download details for each walk, which include interesting facts about the things you’ll see along the way.
1. Gatwick Nature Reserve : interesting circuit around one of the biggest and best wildlife areas in Crawley, right on the edge of the airport. (Parts of this walk are currently inaccessible)
2. Grattons Park & Worth Way : A nice route that takes you through several parks, once the grounds of the many grand Victorian estates, and back along the old railway line which is now the Worth Way
3. Ifield to Charlwood : A walk through the still rural countryside to the west of Crawley
4. Old Crawley : A walk that takes in meadows, ancient woodland and a watermill, all without leaving Crawley
5. Tilgate Forest : A great late summer walk with shady paths and the flowering purple heather
6. Willoughby Wander : A lovely circuit through some beautiful meadows, surprisingly close to the industrial centre of Crawley
7. Worthlodge Walk : This is a circular walk around Worthlodge Forest along woodland paths
8. Bewbush to Lambs Green : A lovely walk that takes in some quiet lanes and wooded countryside to the west of Crawley, with a pub ideally placed for a lunch-time stop.
9. Tilgate Park Trail: A wander around the lesser known edges of the park
10. Furnace Green: Discover hidden water meadows on this short walk
11. Broadfield & Bewbush: A surprising green walk around this south west corner of town
If you’re new to walking, or trying to build your fitness, you may like to try one of our guided Health Walks (see ‘Related Pages’). There are three different levels to suit all abilities, all supervised by qualified walk leaders.
tel: 01293 438772
fax: (01293) 438606
email: click to email us
West Sussex RH10 1UZ